GeekBlog
Sunday, March 13, 2005
 
Presentations and past projects......
Well, I did my presentation on basic data/network security.... I used BJ's, Choice Point, Lexis Nexis, and DSW Shoe Warehouse as examples.... I talked about "social engineering" to get data, and how low-cost backups are nowadays.... I also sold them on the idea of VoIP.... So I've spent the last couple days, trying to find the best private lable VoIP reseller plan that I can, since we can't afford to put in our own VoIP infrastructure.... We have quite a few nice possibilities..... And I had to PROMISE that I would come back in a couple months, to update them on our (PP&F's) progress in the VoIP market....

Now that's over..... Onto other subjects....

Past Projects.... I've spent the last couple days, going through, and looking at an old design project, and wondering WHY the customer went with another company... Whilst I want to show off my design work, as we are still friendly with the company, I don't want to disparage their name... But I will say, the reason we were told, is that their main vendor, told them, that if they moved their site from us, to x company, then the vendor, would put a link to the customer's website on vendors webpage... and they did...

That SUX...

That's all for now... more in a day or so....

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

-GeekGirl



This site, and all images contained herin are Copy right 2001, ME! (As in GeekGirl!). I Made them all, from scratch, If you want to use one on your site, please e-mail me and I will let you know if you can of if I want you to go fuck yourself.