GeekBlog
Saturday, May 24, 2008
 
Promised updates...
Kim currently has 2 devices in her chest. I've talked about them before on this blog... 1 is a device alled an "optimizer" which reads impulse sequences from the heart and does something to produce calcium which makes the heart beat/contract with more force.

That device is from a company called 'impule dynamics' which I belive has been since bought out by "boston scientific" but I could be wrong on that front. It is/was a research device and Kim was part of a study on it's effectiveness...

The other is an ICD or 'defibulator' from gudant whom may or maynot Also been bout out by Boston scientific...

The docs are currently planing on replacing the ICD with what I belive he called a BI-V.ICD (By Vee Eye Sea Dee) which will mechanically slow Kim's heart rate by cutting out half the impulses the heart gets. So it won't beat quite as fast. This is important because Kim's heartrate is really fast right now. It's actually @ 119

When I asked how this new icd would affect the Optimizer I was told "She's no longer a part of that study".

Now the optimizer has been turned off for about a month now while we waited for the Cardioversion but the doc said last night that they most likely won't ever be able to do the cardioaversion....

Well that's what I know...

More later maybee...

-Piperishk

Posted from moBlog – mobile blogging tool for Windows Mobile

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

-GeekGirl



This site, and all images contained herin are Copy right 2001, ME! (As in GeekGirl!). I Made them all, from scratch, If you want to use one on your site, please e-mail me and I will let you know if you can of if I want you to go fuck yourself.